Monday, September 26, 2011

Trek: done.

Sore calves tell me I just finished my 4 day trek with Aaron and our new Irish friends up to the tallest peak in West Bengal and back. We were a little early on the trekking season, so we got rained on a little, and we didn't get any views of Everest.  On the bright side we saw Kangchanjunga in full alpenglow, which was very nice.

Kanchanjunga

On our way up to the peak we tried chow mein with yak meat, yak cheese (extremely tough, could be called milk jerky), tomba (fermented millet beer served in a large bamboo mug and straw, refilled with hot water a la Argentinian yerba mate), and rhododendron wine. All were good.

Large mug-o-tomba

I'm really looking forward to starting an engineering project soon. Something better come through, or I'll have to take matters into my own hands. I need a senior project!

Nailed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment